Scrolling

Christmas touches in a Finnish home

When do you start putting up your Christmas decorations? I've already added a few touches to my home including white amaryllis and hyacinths (I love the scent) as well as a few lit candles at breakfast and as soon as it gets dark at 15.30 (yes, I know!). This lovely, warm Finnish home is a perfect example of late November / early December Christmas decorating. It's the Helsinki pad of Kaisa, her partner, and cat Mr Paw (who can be seen making himself at home on the sofa). Kaisa is a dab hand at DIY (as you can see on her blog No Home Without You) and loves Scandinavian interiors and crafts. This is reflected in the way she has decorated her space - I particularly love the fairylights display, plants and bunting. How about you?








No Home Without You with kind permission. 

I love how Kaisa has used a nordic base (white walls and light wood floors), and then added mid-century finds and touches of rustic wood for an extra cosy vibe. The bunting over the table reminds me of this wonderful Christmas space. DIY decorating idea for Thanksgiving or First advent perhaps?

Is there anything you love in particular about Kaisa's home?

Have a lovely day!

PS you can see examples of how I add amaryllis and hyacinths to my home work work place here

LATEST COMMENTS:

  1. This is exactly what I like..to start decorating with small things, slowly.. I do the same in our home =). So we have now some Xmas candles in living room, on front doors is jute sack with deer on it hanging, I put one pine branch in vase.. I am now in that mood ^_^

    Cheers,
    Michael
    www.ontheleaf.net / facebook

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just like you, I love the fairy lights and bunting! They add a bit of special festivity to the space, but they are not overly garish and obvious. The whole place looks so serene - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful home!
    x Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wooow,

    I just discovered your blog and I think it's really amazing! Im a huge fan of the scandinavian style, the pure interior, the softness, the wood.

    You have a new follower and reader :)
    Keep it up, enjoy life to the fullest - you do great work.

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that apartment. :) especially the combination of white and wood. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So a lovely house!!! white, wood, little details with colour, open spaces... the house of my dreams ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The rugs are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this house

    Kiss kiss.*Jo
    http://joandcompanystyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the linen on top of linen tablecloths idea, especially the top is placed on an angle. Is it Lithuanian perchance? I have a few that look very similar.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely! I love simple Christmas decor that sort of folds in to the regular decor without being too overwhelming. Now that it's December it's about time I get my decorations out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What brand are those speakers?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely stunning!
    I whish someone could Tell me what Sofa this is... I Love love love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the carpet next to the sofa !!! I'm an interior designer , please tell me where I can buy it . Please, it's important!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Privacy Notice: We do not share personal information with third-parties nor do we store information we collect about your visit to this blog for use other than to analyze content performance through the use of cookies, which you can turn off at anytime by modifying your Internet browser's settings. We are not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other Web sites or media without our permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice.

Subscribe To My Scandinavian Home

Subscribe to My Scandinavian Home

skovby ad


 

site by ANAAR

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
MORE INFO