Scrolling

A calm white house in the Catskill Mountains

It's my last day in the USA today. We've had such an incredible time on our Upstate New York house tour. The home owners couldn't have been more welcoming (with breakfasts and snacks straight from their farms, big smiles) and the nature was beautiful (snakes, deer and chipmunks by day and fireflies which twinkled like stars at night)! One of my favourite places was the catskill Mountains so I thought it'd be apt to post a home tour from there today. The house belongs to J.M Generals store owner Jeffrey Monteiro (who also designed this fabulous dress) and film actor Clayton Dean Smith in Peakville, Western Catskills and recently featured on Design Sponge. You'd be forgiven for thinking it's in Scandinavia with it's lovely painted white floors. What a great home, don't you think?












Photography: Maxwell Tielman / Design Sponge

I do love an all white painted / decorated home. I'm not sure if it's the aesthetic, the light, or the serenity but it would definitely be my go to look if I had a country home (hey, a girl can dream right?!).  How about you?

I'm off to have a little walk about in Williamsburg now, never been to this part of the city before. Tips welcome! And then it's back to Sweden tomorrow - awww I can't wait to see my little family, I've missed them! And I'm looking forward to getting my daily posts back in order too - thanks for being so patient over the last few days.

I hope you have a wonderful day!

LATEST COMMENTS:

  1. Beautiful, reminds my of the house we lived in before…

    InredningshjÀlpen/Anette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really drawn to the pantry! Really old fashioned but so awesome at the same time

    ReplyDelete
  3. Utterly, beautifully 'right'. A keeper, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. uhhh so warm and loved...this has to be one of my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. and how about that lamp with out the light shade- love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Privacy Notice: We do not share personal information with third-parties nor do we store information we collect about your visit to this blog for use other than to analyze content performance through the use of cookies, which you can turn off at anytime by modifying your Internet browser's settings. We are not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other Web sites or media without our permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice.

Subscribe To My Scandinavian Home

Subscribe to My Scandinavian Home

skovby ad


 

site by ANAAR

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
MORE INFO